About the event
Women represent an overwhelming majority of the education workforce, yet they are significantly underrepresented in senior leadership positions. Across the education sector, from primary and secondary schools to colleges and universities, women are not making senior leadership positions in adequate numbers. Women in Education seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to correct this imbalance.
The unique Women in Education conference explores the role of women in education leadership and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders across the education sector.
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing women in education today
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in education
- Create a lasting network of women leaders across the sector who are effecting change in education
2018 speakers include:
- Emma Ing, Regional Director, East Midlands, Ofsted
- Kellie Brown, Assistant Principal, City of London Academy Southwark
- Alexandra Shaw, School Leadership and Equalities Unit, Department for Education
- Claire Keilty, Deputy Headteacher, Cranborne Primary School
- Dr Karen Edge, Reader, UCL Institute of Education & Pro-Vice Provost (International), University College London
- Anita Devi, Education Consultant, Director & #WomenEd Regional Lead (Chair)
Who should attend?
Women in Education is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all women across the education sector, from primary and secondary schools to colleges and universities.
Registrations for the Women in Education conference can be made here
1 Place £295 (+VAT)
4+ Places £250 each (+VAT)
1 Place £695 (+VAT)