About the event
Women represent an overwhelming majority of the education workforce, yet they are significantly underrepresented in senior leadership positions. Across the education sector, from primary and secondary schools to colleges and universities, women are not making senior leadership positions in adequate numbers. Women in Education seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to correct this imbalance.
The unique Women in Education conference explores the role of women in education leadership and offers practical advice and coaching on how to further develop your career in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders across the education sector.
- Identify the unique leadership challenges and opportunities facing women in education today
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in education
- Explore additional on-demand content on event day and in the weeks after the event
- Receive video recordings and speaker presentation slides for your reference after the event
Previous speakers include:
- Professor Shân Wareing, Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Northampton
- Cath Baxter, Professional Voice and Public Speaking Consultant & former Head of Voice, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Anita Devi, CEO & Founder, #TeamADL
- Mary Stiasny, Pro Vice-Chancellor (International) and Chief Executive of University of London Worldwide
- Charlotte Briscall, Director of Customer Experience, Design, Digital & Data (CEDD), Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Viv Grant, Director, Integrity Coaching
- Sinéad Mc Brearty, Chief Executive Officer, Education Support
- Allana Gay, Headteacher, Vita et Pax School, Co-Founder, BAMEed Network
- Eileen Milner, Chief Executive, Education and Skills Funding Agency
- Jan Shadick, Regional Director, South Secondary Academies, United Learning
- Harriet Dunbar-Morris, Dean of Learning and Teaching, University of Portsmouth
- Alison Kriel, Educational and Leadership Consultant, Founder, Above and Beyond
- Joy Maitland, Executive Coach and Leadership Development Consultant
Who should attend?
Women in Education is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all women across the education sector, from primary and secondary schools to colleges and universities.
1 Place £295 (+VAT)
4+ Places £250 each (+VAT)
1 Place £695 (+VAT)